Saturday, October 22, 2016

Solo Saturday

The Mr. is back in Virginia till after the election (The VI doesnt vote in the presidential elections). I had a relaxing day to myself, starting with a Peanut Butter and Banana Panini at Pasta Go Go...
then I picked up Calvin and went to the beach...
where we made a new friend named Lester....
who has the most adorable underbite I have ever seen...
hope we get to see him again, such a fun laid back guy...
next it was on to De Coal Pot for some Veggie Delight...
picked up some Chicken Scratch, Yams for the Pups, Ice Cream and Cereal for myself at Plaza Extra...
once dinner time comes, it will most likely be some Tofu, Veggies and Lentils carried out from Love Livin...
one last pic of Calvin...
On a not so positive note, I found out too late that 'The Bachelor' was filming on the Island the past week. So I missed out on possibly seeing Nick Viall in person (and finding out what women see in him, they should have picked Luke IMO). Bet Chris Harrison would have been friendly and down to earth, had I met him. Alas. Anyway, more to come. Bye for now.

12 comments:

  1. I love Calvin so much! And Lester's underbite is really the cutest, I adore underbites. I'm super glad you can get Ben &Jerry's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! still only getting the two flavors of B&J's but better than nuthin!

      Delete
  2. Nooo!! Well, at least when The Bachelor airs you can say, "I know that spot", or "there's my house". So close, yet so far! Ha!

    Oh, Calvin! Such an adorable little guy. Did he play well with Lester?

    I'm glad to see some delicious eats, despite your weekend without the hubs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how bummed I was not to see any part of The Bachelor filming. You probably have gotten multiple opportunities with so many contestants being from Denver. Even the knew show with Ben and Lauren (I dont watch that one) is shot in Denver, You could potentiall see Chad!

      Calvin is very sociable, unlike Molly who dreads new situations/people/dogs.

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a fantastic delcious day! How odd that you can't/don't vote for presidential elections. Calvin looks like he had a blast in the water there-i love how dogs and children can instantly make friends. That fudge brownie ben and jerry's is SO good!
    Hopefully the Mr will bring you back more of that dk chocolate with coconut from your last post among other goodies
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mr. is definitely bringing back the WF's Coconut Bars and the TJ's Salted Cocoa Almonds. Have you been following the Bodega Cat controversy? Do you encounter Bodega Cats?
      http://mashable.com/2016/10/26/bodega-cat-yelp-review/#w10KH1bZjOqL

      Delete
    2. I have been following that! And yeah, more bodegas than not have cats wandering around or napping in random spots, I've certainly never seen one romping across the sandwich making station. They should totally be legal. As far as i can tell it's one of those dumb laws that isn't actually enforced here (not eating on the subway is supposedly also a law yet definitely not enforced)
      Ttrockwood

      Delete
  4. Lester is adorable.
    That is pretty funny that you guys don't get a chance to vote in the Islands, but, then again, a lot of people don't vote in the states either and if I were you i'd want as little to do with this election as possible.
    The lentils look great, as does the veggie delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the bad thing is, I think if Virgin Islanders could vote, 99% would vote for Hillary. I have seen two Trump bumper stickers down here though.

      Delete
  5. Aww Calvin and Lester! I love that they became fast friends! It's so simple but the peanut butter and banana panini will always look delicious to me. It's so comforting and satisfying. The veggie delight looks great and hooray for ice cream! I'm so glad that things are making their way down there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am learning that things make their way down here, but then might never be seen again. Gotta stockpile certain items.

      Delete
  6. I wish VI could have voted. Sounds like it's pro Hillary :( such a devasting outcome

    ReplyDelete